Wednesday 7 January 2015

Merry Christmas!


So it's Christmas. Coptic, I believe but I could be wrong. 


After many hours of travel I arrived in Cairo but without my bike. Still dealing with that. Got in late so went nearly straight to sleep. Yesterday I tried calling the airport about my bike but couldn't get through so decided to go to the pyramids first and deal with the bike later. Pyramids were pretty cool and I had a lot of fun, but it was crazy windy so sand got everywhere. As well as the pyramids we saw kind Cheops boat and I think I was more excited about that than anything.


Getting around at the pyramids a few of us were on horses, a couple were pulled by horses and one rode a camel.


 I loved looking at the camels face it was so droopy and wrinkly and I thought it was just great. 


After we got back to the hotel a couple other people who lots luggage and I went to the airport to deal with it. Apparently it takes 67 times longer than you would think to get that done so I couldn't get mine last night. I think things are happening today though so I'm praying that I will have it built pretty soon.

Cairo has been good so far! First day of riding is on Friday - I'm getting really excited to head out. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope your bike shows up soon, I'm sure it will! Love the camel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup great camel! Love seeing the pictures and hearing your stories! Glad to get the email and know your bike arrived and you have been out riding. Pedaling, Pedaling Just Keep Pedaling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that your bike arrived! Thanks for the update and photos of the pyramids and camels - it's so good to hear what adventures you are up to. Keep the updates coming, and safe cycling. XX00

    ReplyDelete